Note: This workshop is for current people managers.
The 1-1 is the best opportunity for tracking your direct reports’ engagement and development, but most of us don’t put this time to good use. You’ll walk away from this workshop knowing how to transform your 1-1s into productive, motivating, and energizing sessions.
During this workshop, you will:
- Learn how the one-on-one can be used to increase employee engagement and decrease ‘managerial debt’ each week
- Identify opportunities to coach, share feedback, and align on priorities during the one-on-one
- Find out the 5 psychological drivers of motivation (certainty, autonomy, meaning, progress, and social inclusion)
- Practice using the 1-1 to diagnose each driver. Rate each direct’s levels of engagement and generate ideas for increasing these scores
- Practice increasing vision, connecting work to the larger picture, and developmental coaching
- Review a sample one-on-one agenda
- Discuss how to put what you learned in this workshop into action in the week ahead
After this workshop, you will know how to:
- Explain the purpose of the one-on-one to your direct reports
- Structure a one-on-one in a way that increases engagement and puts directs in the driver’s seat of the conversation
- Diagnose and address key drivers of motivation and engagement
- Shift into a leadership mindset during one-on-one conversations – focusing on your direct reports’ thinking rather than the task at hand