Note: apply your Catalyst code during checkout and it’ll waive the workshop fee.
To be adaptive, every manager needs to know how to manage well remotely, at any time and on demand. How is managing a remote or partially remote (what we call ‘hybrid’) team different? In this workshop participants will get trained in the unique challenges of remote and hybrid-remote management. They’ll learn how to optimize work and collaboration in the biggest challenge areas: communication, connection, trust, fairness, and growth. The result: employees that are engaged and productive, no matter their location.
During this workshop, participants will:
• Discuss the unique challenges (and benefits!) of distributed setups
• Learn the 3 unique drivers of distributed employee success: managing communication, managing connection, managing energy
• Learn how to optimize communication dynamics. Exercises include creation of faster feedback loops, practice with expectation setting and resetting, understanding how to provide contextual information, and analysis of distribution of knowledge that is unique to the remote environment. Also includes awareness-building exercises showing how misinterpretations in the meaning of silence can occur, and how to avoid those misinterpretations
• Learn how to optimize connection and developing team inclusion habits
• Learn how to optimize trust dynamics. Exercises include practice with a 4-point checklist for clarity of responsibilities, consistent 1-1s, checkpoints, and results-based metrics (focusing on output and deliverables rather than simply input)
• Learn how to optimize growth dynamics, including how to help remote employees stretch their skills, create development goals, give them exposure to the right people within the organization, and helping their projects and successes become more visible
• Learn hacks to immediately improve hybrid meeting dynamics
• Create a plan to put what was learned in this workshop into action in the week ahead
After this workshop, participants will:
• Increase engagement and workflow for remote and in-person employees
• Know how to diagnose and fix unspoken issues that are unique to remote management situations