Note: apply your Catalyst code during checkout and it’ll waive the workshop fee.
Change-readiness is now an essential skill for any team. When managers understand the science behind change, they can equip their teams to be more adaptive, resilient, and agile. In this workshop, you will learn everything you need to know. We’ll explore change curves, what happens neurologically when we experience unexpected shifts, track different coping styles and how to respond to each, and practice easy techniques to reduce resistance and increase commitment and action in yourself and others. You’ll practice devising solutions and crafting communication using a change template that will make you a more effective and inspiring leader.
Pre-work: Come to this meeting ready to talk about a change you are leading or would like to lead.
During this workshop you will:
• Discuss the science behind change curves and coping styles via a series of micro-experiments
• Learn about the stages of change (freeze, unfreeze, refreeze) and collect tools to help stakeholders adapt faster to change within each stage
• Practice communicating change initiatives to reduce resistance and increase commitment
• Learn to set up change initiatives so that they are more likely to succeed (create early wins, design behavioral cues, and communicate small steps toward action)
• Discuss how to turn what they learned in this workshop into action
After this workshop, you will know how to:
• Understand and predict reactions to change
• Design an inspiring and effective change initiative
• Create structures that increase the change-readiness of a team over time