Note: apply your Catalyst code during checkout and it’ll waive the workshop fee.
When leading a meeting, giving a presentation, or handling difficult conversations, a speaker’s body language often matters as much as the words they use. In this workshop we use hacks from advanced perception research to make small changes in a meeting leader’s delivery style, leading to a big improvement in the ability to be persuasive and connect with an audience. We cut through the obvious stuff that everyone knows and move straight to the things that make the biggest difference. Participants walk away with a visible improvement in their delivery skills – both in person and virtual!
• Interpersonal perception research: how to understand the interplay between warmth vs. competence domains, both in person and virtual
• Exercises in eye contact, gesture, energy leveling, reduction of nonverbal noise, purposeful movement, strategic pause, emphasis and inflection
• Use of ‘marker gestures’ to add structure when topics are complex
• Filmed practice exercises to determine default positions (and optimizations) when under pressure
• Practice exercises with Q&A sessions and handling difficult questions
After this workshop, participants will know how to:
• Optimize nonverbal and verbal habits, so that they come across as both competent and warm, flexible and structured, and able to handle pressure well
• Add structure to complex topics and handle difficult questions well
• Create an action plan they can immediately use, focusing on one improvement area per week