ADAPTIVITY AND RESILIENCE LAB
When things are uncertain, many people freeze, make wrong decisions or feel overwhelmed. In this workshop, you will practice techniques to stay calm, clear-minded, and adaptive even when things are quickly changing. Skills include how to diagnose and optimize your default style under stress, how to make good decisions (even when information is confusing or limited), and how to create structure when things feel unstructured – for yourself and others. You will leave feeling more capable and prepared for whatever comes your way.
During this workshop, you will:
• Explore brain reactions to uncertainty, including common coping styles and movement patterns through the Kubler-Ross change curve.
• Dive into research on what expert ‘adapters’ do
• Analyze your default style under stress and know how to diagnose colleagues’ styles.
• Practice techniques to decrease anxiety on command.
• Practice scenario planning to decrease anxiety and increase strategic responding.
• Learn techniques to add structure and decision-making clarity in complex situations.
After this workshop, you will:
• Be equipped to effectively manage uncertainty and your reactions to it.
• Understand and use best practices that create structure for yourselves and others, even with limited information.